Which Classic Tee is Best? Gildan’s Ultra Cotton vs. Dryblend vs. Heavy Cotton vs. Hanes Beefy Tee
05/08/2019 by RushOrderTees.com
The Gildan Ultra Cotton, Gildan DryBlend, Gildan Heavy Cotton, and the Hanes Beefy Tee are top selling t-shirts. But unless you know more about each of them, they can all seem like very similar versions of the classic t-shirt.
How are you supposed to know you’re ordering the best possible tee for your t-shirt printing needs? We know that quality, cost and size are important factors when you’re making the choice, so we’re breaking the details down and sharing our expertise on these t-shirts to help you make an educated decision.
The 100% Cotton: Gildan Ultra Cotton T-Shirt (G200)
- What it’s made of: 100% pre-shrunk cotton. The Ultra Cotton weighs in at 6 oz, which means it’s an average weight (not too heavy, not too light). If you are going for that light and airy feel, this may not be the best option.
- Color options: 64 different colors. If you’re picky about color, this is the shirt for you!
- Sizing: The Ultra Cotton also has an ultra size range, with options varying from adult unisex, to tall, toddler, women’s and kids’. If you’re buying for a diverse group of people, this will make the process much easier and everyone in your group much happier.
- Cost: $5.12 per decorated shirt (Each cost estimate is based on an order of 100 white t-shirts with a one color design on the front)
The wide range of colors and sizes makes this the perfect shirt for groups. And consistent colors across sizes means everyone in your group can truly match for the ultimate social media photo op.
Did you know? Gildan is one of the most popular choices for custom apparel, even if you may have never heard of them.
The 50/50 Poly-Cotton Performance Shirt: Gildan DryBlend T-Shirt (G800)
- What it’s made of: This moisture wicking shirt is a 50/50 blend of polyester and cotton. It won’t shrink and will last longer than the average cotton t-shirt.The addition of polyester to the blend provides a slight wicking capability which means it stays dry when things get hot, making it ideal for sports, outdoor work, or food service.
- Color options: It’s available in less colors, but 44 shades is still a lot to choose from.
- Sizing: Adult sizes range from small to 5XL, and there are kids’ sizes available as well.
- Cost: $5.17 per decorated shirt (Each cost estimate is based on an order of 100 white t-shirts with a one color design on the front)
If you need even more reasons to choose polyester blend, see what else we had to say about the benefits of polyester shirts.
The Durable Gildan Heavy Cotton T-Shirt (G500)
- What it’s made of: Similar to the Ultra Cotton, the Heavy Cotton is 100% preshrunk cotton, but it is a lighter weight, coming in at 5.3 oz. The Ultra Cotton is basically the new model, but customers still like the lighter, thinner material of the Heavy Cotton.
- Color options: There are 70 colors available, which means there’s lots of room for variety.
- Sizing: Similar to the Gildan DryBlend, the size ranges goes from small to 5XL for adults. There are also kid’s sizes.
- Cost: $4.57 per decorated shirt (Each cost estimate is based on an order of 100 white t-shirts with a one color design on the front)
The Classic Hanes Beefy Tee (Hanes 5180)
- What it’s made of: Made with 100% ring spun cotton (the softest part of the cotton plant), and weighing 6.1 oz, the Hanes Beefy Tee is the most comparable to the Gildan Ultra Cotton.
- Color options: While not as extensive as some of the Gildan options, the Hanes Beefy Tee has 44 colors to choose from.
- Sizing: Adult sizes range from small to 6XL. You can also find the Beefy Tee in kids’ sizes and a bonus pocket t-shirt version!
- Cost: $6.32 per decorated shirt (Each cost estimate is based on an order of 100 white t-shirts with a one color design on the front)
Unlike any of the Gildan products, the Hanes Beefy Tee comes with a tagless label for added comfort. That feature, along with the higher quality cotton and brand name, make this the slightly more expensive choice among the products compared here.
You’re probably already familiar with the Hanes brand, but if you’re considering them for custom apparel, we rounded up our favorite Hanes products for customizing.